Prince Harry

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ignore looming visa document deadline as they celebrate St. Patrick’s Day


Meghan Markle didn’t appear to be too bothered about her husband Prince Harry‘s visa files being made public this week as she celebrated St. Patrick’s Day on Monday.

Meghan, 43, showed off her baking skills on March 17 as she took to her Instagram Stories and shared a selection of videos of herself making a green waffles in honor of the holiday.

The first video showed her whisking the green batter in a large bowl, before she poured it carefully into a waffle maker.  

‘We love a theme!’ the former Suits actress told her followers as she gave them a glimpse of five-year-old Prince Archie and three-year-old Princess Lilibet tucking into green drinks – before showing off their waffles and cream.

Meghan and Prince Harry, 40, enjoyed their green waffles with strawberries as they eagerly await for his visa files to be made public. 

Over the weekend, it was revealed that a judge had ruled that it must happen by Tuesday, March 18, at the latest.

Judge Carl Nichols set the deadline to release the files which will give the clearest indication yet as to whether the Duke of Sussex, 40, lied on his immigration paperwork.

The judge, who sits in Washington, approved the redactions suggested by the Department of Homeland Security and said they were ‘appropriate.’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry appear unbothered by the current drama surrounding his US visa

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, se appear unbothered by the current drama surrounding his US visa

On Monday morning, Meghan revealed that she had made green waffles for breakfast to celebrate St. Patrick's Day

On Monday morning, Meghan revealed that she had made green waffles for breakfast to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day

She also made a special breakfast for their two young children, Archie and Lilibet, too

She also made a special breakfast for their two young children, Archie and Lilibet, too

While it is not clear what material will be released, it could include forms which indicate whether Harry said ‘no’ when asked if he was a drug user.

Lawyers for the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have previously said that three items will be released with redactions but a fourth must remain private.

The right-wing Heritage Foundation sued the DHS last year after the agency, which oversees immigration in America, refused a Freedom of Information request for Harry’s files.

Heritage claims that Harry may have lied on the forms under the section which asks if he had been a drug user.

In both his memoir, Spare, and his Netflix TV series Harry talked about using cannabis, cocaine, and magic mushrooms.

In his order, Judge Nichols, who was appointed by Donald Trump, said: ‘The government has provided the court with its proposed redactions to the documents…those redactions appearing appropriate, the government is ORDERED to lodge on the docket the redacted versions of those documents no later than March 18, 2025.’

The case has caused embarrassment and consternation for Harry and raised questions about whether he could be deported if he was found to have lied.

But President Trump recently said he would not order him out of the country, while taking a swipe at Meghan, who he called ‘terrible.’

Heritage Foundation claims that Harry, seen here in June 2023, may have lied on the forms under the section which asks if he had been a drug user

Heritage Foundation claims that Harry, seen here in June 2023, may have lied on the forms under the section which asks if he had been a drug user

Trump said he was only giving Harry a break because ‘he’s got enough problems with his wife.’

It comes after Meghan responded to claims that she is ‘out of touch with the real world’ after critics said her Netflix show made her look ‘tone deaf.’ 

The Duchess of Sussex, who lives in a sprawling $14.65million Montecito mansion, insisted she and Prince Harry are trying to be like other families with children at school. 

‘Once you know us, I think you want us to have the same normalcy as parents and for our children as they do, despite however unique our situation is,’ she told People.

‘I have a couple of girlfriends up here – these are stay-at-home moms and working women with normal jobs, not in the public eye.’

‘We went from just connecting through our kids to having girls’ nights out or doing Pilates together,’ she added. 



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button