Before she became the Duchess of Sussex, the then Meghan Markle had a varied career that included the role of Rachel Zane in Suits and working as a freelance calligrapher.
Meghan, who ran the lifestyle blog The Tig from 2014 to 2017, became the subject of international headlines in 2016 when she began dating Prince Harry.
Here’s everything you need to know about Meghan and her varied career.
What roles has Meghan held during her varied career?
- 1993: At 11, the then Meghan Markle made her first TV appearance, speaking out against a “sexist” Procter & Gamble commercial for Ivory dishwasher soap.
- 1995: Markle worked at a frozen yogurt shop called Humphrey Yogart.
- 2002: Markle landed her first official TV acting credit as Nurse Jill, a small role in General Hospital.
- Early 2000s: Markle worked on shows like CSI, The League and Knight Rider, as well as a recurring role on 90210.
- 2005: Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher — with jobs including the wedding invitations for Paula Patton and Robin Thicke’s 2005 nuptials.
- 2007: Markle appeared as one of the briefcase girls on Deal or No Deal.
- 2009: Markle starred in a 2009 Tostitos commercial.
- 2010: Markle acted alongside Robert Pattinson in Remember Me as a bartender.
- 2011: Markle landed her breakout role as Rachel Zane on Suits.
- 2014: Markle started a lifestyle blog called The Tig, named after her favorite wine.
- 2016: Markle appeared as a guest judge on Food Network’s Chopped Junior.
- November 27, 2017: Prince Harry and…