Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, has apologized to a UK court for forgetting emails she exchanged with an aide who was going to brief the authors of an unauthorized biography about her and Prince Harry, reports the UK’s PA press agency. She added that she had “no intention to mislead” the court.
The Sussexes have previously repeatedly denied collaborating with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand on their book “Finding Freedom,” but Meghan apologized in a witness statement made public on Wednesday after a former aide told the court he did provide information to the authors.
The duchess’ apology came as part of her litigation against Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL), publisher of the UK’s The Mail on Sunday newspaper, which reproduced parts of a private letter she sent to her father Thomas Markle in August 2018.
In February Meghan won her privacy claim against publisher ANL, and the judge ruled “the disclosures were manifestly excessive and hence unlawful,” and that there would be “no prospect that a different judgment would be reached after a trial.”
However, ANL is challenging the ruling and says that a trial should take place, reports PA.
In his own witness statement, Meghan and Harry’s former communications secretary Jason Knauf said the book was “discussed on a routine basis” and “discussed directly…