Thomas Markle, who is Meghan Markle’s father, has been hospitalised after suffering a stroke which has impacted his speech.
According to Daily Mail, the 77-year-old former TV lighting director was rushed to a US hospital on Monday 23 May, a week before he had been due to fly to London for the first time for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Although Meghan’s half-sister, Samantha, says he is recovering, she blames the Duchess of Sussex for the stroke.
THOMAS MARKLE SUFFERS A STROKE
The publication reports that Markle, who lives in Mexico, was taken by ambulance across the border on Monday night. He was later taken to a clinic in Chula Vista, California – only a few hours’ drive from Meghan and Harry’s home in Montecito.
Speaking to the outlet, Markle’s eldest daughter, Samantha, 57, said that her father was recovering and he needs some rest.
“My father is recovering in hospital. We ask for privacy for the family, for his health and wellbeing. He just needs peace and rest. Godspeed. We are praying. He just needs some rest,” she said.
THOMAS MARKLE’S HEALTH
Markle’s health has been of great concern as his blood pressure was high a few weeks leading up to the stroke, Daily Mail reports.
In 2018, TMZ reported that Markle (who is also a YouTuber) suffered two heart attacks before the Duchess of Sussex’s wedding to Prince Harry,…