Watch: Royals gather to honour Prince Philip at memorial
Harry and Meghan would likely have known their decision not to attend the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service on Tuesday 29th March would look “petulant and rude”, a royal expert has claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s absence from the service of thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey has had many wondering why the pair weren’t there.
Royal expert Ingrid Seward, author of Prince Philip, also questioned the couple’s silence on the special day.
“The wall of silence was as loud as if they had shouted from the abbey rafters. The normally verbose Duke and Duchess of Sussex said nothing,” she told The Mirror in a no holds barred tirade.
“No spokesperson spewed out long sentences of undecipherable wordage. There were no flowers with the florists name proudly displayed.
“No comments from Archwell. Nothing. Not even a word from their supporters on various social media accounts.”
After Prince Philip’s death last year, which occurred on 9 April 2021 at Windsor Castle at the age of 99, Harry said in a statement, “My grandfather was a man of service, honour and great humour”, describing him as “master of the barbecue, legend of banter and cheeky right ‘til the end”.