Prince Harry is continuing his legal bid to have adequate police protection for his family upon trips to the U.K.
At a preliminary hearing Friday, the Duke of Sussex’s attorney Shaheed Fatima shared his concerns over the security arrangements put in place when he and Duchess Meghan stepped back from royal duties in early 2020. Speaking on Harry’s behalf, Fatima told the High Court in London that he “does not feel safe” bringing his children Archie, 2, and Lilibet, 8 months, to the U.K. without proper protection.
A legal representative for the royal previously told Bazaar.com that he wants to bring Archie and Lili to his home country but is unable to because of increased threats. He feels that his family’s privately-paid security team are unable to protect them at their full potential due to limitations created by a decision by the U.K. Home Office last year.
“This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the U.K. given the security arrangements that were applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him if he decides to come back,” Fatima told the court, per The Guardian.
“And, of course, it should go without saying that he wants to come back: to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is, and always will be, his home,” the attorney added.
This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may…