The former GMB host joined Sophie Raworth for the paper review on BBC’s new Sunday Morning show, and the 56-year-old kicked off by mentioning his gripes with Meghan Markle.
In March last year, Piers decided to quit ITV show Good Morning Britain after making a series of comments and accusations about the Duchess of Sussex.
But he marked his return to morning telly by making a comment about the incident which sparked 54,595 Ofcom complaints.
According to The Mirror, he said: “I haven’t been on breakfast television for nearly a year, it feels weird but sort of nice.
“My one question for you is: Am I allowed to have an opinion? Because that was the problem last time.”
As Sophie and Piers made their way through the papers they eventually landed on a story about Prince Harry and Meghan’s request to have protection from the British police so they can visit the UK.
Piers hit out at the couple for their “brazen double standard” and said: “It was chillingly inevitable that these two [Harry and Meghan] would pop their heads up again right when the Queen least wants them to.
“Why should the British police protect him? He’s now a private citizen, he doesn’t do any Royal duties, they’re making hundreds of millions of dollars…