Last week, in the lead up to Meghan and Harry’s eagerly anticipated Oprah interview, Palace sources were quoted as saying that the Palace was “prepared to retaliate with fresh disclosures about the couple’s behaviour if the monarchy is attacked”.
That retaliation has now arrived as The Sunday Times reports that, in a surprise move, the Palace will be bringing in a third-party law firm to conduct an investigation into the bullying claims.
Jason Knauf, who at the time was the Sussexes’ communications secretary, made the complaint against the duchess in 2018, alleging that she drove two personal assistant out and undermined the confidence of a third.
A royal source told The Sunday Times: “The actual worst incidences haven’t come out. There are some harrowing stories to tell.” Another Palace source said: “There’s a lot that could come out in the wash that hasn’t been told.”
Responding to the allegations earlier this month, Meghan’s spokesperson said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.”
Meanwhile Prince Harry has also been accused of “hypocrisy” by allies of the Prince of Wales, claiming that Harry was not…