A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said on Monday: “Our commitment to look into the circumstances around allegations from former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex is being taken forward but we will not be providing a public commentary on it.”
Harry and Meghan did not comment on Monday, but a spokesperson for the couple previously dismissed bullying accusations reported by The Times newspaper as “defamatory.”
“Let’s just call this what it is — a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation,” the Sussexes’ spokesperson said. “We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet.”
The war of words between the two camps erupted shortly before the airing of Meghan and Harry’s discussion with Winfrey, in which the couple lifted the lid on the difficulties of their lives as royals and made a series of damning allegations against the family.
It has taken a different approach with the claims that Meghan bullied royal…